Chris and Pattie Nachtrieb began Chris' Coffee Service
in 1975. Chris was delivering coffee "kits" from his red El Camino while Pattie was handling calls and paperwork throughout the day. As they continued to grow locally, they employed several off-duty Colonie Police Officers to help with the coffee deliveries.Pattie, Taylor, Chris & Mackenzie Nachtrieb. Sales
Fast-forward 41 years and 45 employees later, Chris' Coffee Service, Inc. is now nationally recognized as one of the largest importers of espresso machines in the country. Several of the machines we import were designed in collaboration with the manufacturer and Chris himself. Chris' Coffee Service is the exclusive importer of those machines and supplies more than 40 distributors through out the US and Canada. When Chris was having difficulty purchasing the quality of coffee he wanted to provide his customers he decided it was time to simply start roasting his own coffee. Fast-Forward again, Chris' Coffee Service is one of the largest coffee roasters in upstate N.Y., roasting more than 80,000 pounds per month. Premium gourmet coffees include, Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic coffees as well. One of the few surviving family-owned local coffee Roaster service companies operating in the Capital District today.
(Jimmy, Brian, Dawn, Mike, Lola, Amy, Kim)Service
(Rich, Mike, Marcus, Roger, Tim, Tim Coffey, Dan, Joe, Chris, Brian)Internet Sales
(Dallas, Mary, Mackenzie, E.R., Tynnetta)Accounting
(Susan, Amanda, Jenn)Drivers
(Drew, Joe, Dan, Mike, Dan, Kyle)Warehouse
(Matt S, Matt H, Tony, Greg, Critter/ Steve, Dan, Drew, Betsy, Kaitlin, Dalton, Todd)
We partner with the international companies that we import from to bring the very best the industry has to offer.
We have worked with many local charities and events over the years, including the annual Albany Wine & Dine for the Arts Festival. We even helped create the Barista Albany Competition.
We are a
family owned, private business serving our community for more than 38 years. Here is just a sampling of some of the location types we
- Coffee Houses and Cafes
- Restaurants, Diners, and Delicatessens
- Hotels, Hospitals, and Schools
- Convenience Stores, Food Marts, and Gas Stations
- Professional, Medical, and Legal Offices
We feature an extensive product line, including:
- Gourmet Micro-Roasted Coffees, roasted daily on premise
- Certified USDA Organic & Fair Trade Micro Roasted Coffees
- Harney & Sons Fine Teas
- Mighty Leaf Teas
- Torani flavoring syrups, sauces and smoothies
- Monin flavoring syrups
- Dr. Smoothie all natural & Organic Smoothie concentrates
- Cafe' Essentials Frappe bases
- Ghiradelli sauces
- Oregon Chai
- Powdered cappuccino mixes
- Desert Rain Spring Water
- Cold beverages including Coke, Pepsi, Bottled Juices and Teas
- Paper products for offices and restaurants
We pride ourselves on being the "The Espresso Experts" in the Northeast featuring:
- Wide selection of some of best espresso coffees you will find anywhere.
- Espresso we roast include our most popular Black Pearl, Dolce Tazza, Monsoon Malabar, Voodoo, and Certified Fair Trade Organic Espresso.
- If your looking for imported Italian Espresso we have that as well Lavazza - Illy Cafe - Izzo - & - Bristot
- The best commercial espresso machines La Marzocco, Cimbali, La Spaziale, Faema, Nuova Simonelli, & Unic
- We sell, lease, and rent espresso machines. (Rentals limited to our local customers)
- Espresso machine service on most every make & model
- The world's best espresso grinders - Mahlkonig - Mazzer - MACAP - Compak - Rancilio - and more
- Commercial Coffee Brewers: Fetco, Wilbur Curtis, Bunn, Bloomfield
- Showroom and training center (open to the public by appointment!)
- Blendtec Blenders
- Chemex Coffeemakers
- Espro French Presses
not only import commercial espresso machines and grinders from Italy, but we pride ourselves on the fact that we provide FREE Barista training
for our customers right here in our show room.
Here are some of things we cover in
our FREE training class: Grinder adjustment, proper technique for
pulling consistently great espresso shots, micro foaming milk properly,
pouring latte art, preventative maintenance on your espresso machine,
how to choose the right water filtration and softening system and how to
maintain it to lengthen the life of your espresso machine.
We work directly with
Italian espresso machine manufacturers on the features and design of the
machines we directly import. Our lineup of semi-commercial home espresso machines are some of the most reviewed and sought after on the