Using your steaming pitcher, create a solution of 30 ml (1 oz) of Biocaf Milk Frother Cleaning Liquid for every 1 L (33.8 oz) of water.
- Insert steam wand and froth as if frothing milk.
- Allow wand to soak in the solution for 5 minutes.
- Empty steaming pitcher and repeat with water to rinse.
- Dissolve 30 ml (1 oz) of Biocaf Milk Frother Cleaning Liquid in 1 L (33.8 oz) of water.
- Insert the frothing tube into the solution and activate the cleaning cycle.
- After all the solution has traveled through milk lines, repeat the process twice with fresh water to rinse.
- Create a solution of 30 ml (1 oz) Biocaf Milk Frother Cleaning Liquid in 1 L (33.8 oz) hot water in the vessel to be cleaned.
- Replace lid in order to contain the cleaning solution. Allow the solution to soak while also agitating or swirling.
- Pour out the cleaning solution through the pitcher's spout.
- Repeat process with fresh water to rinse.
For all applications, add 30 ml (1 oz) of cleaning liquid for every liter (33.8 oz) of water.
Citric Acid: Derived from citrus fruits such as lemons and limes. This organic acid is used in soft drinks to add a sour taste and as a preservative, in many foods, we eat every day. In this application, the acid does a great job of combating the buildup of mineral and fat deposits left behind by milk.
Alkyl Polyglycosides: This ingredient is produced from the combination of alcohols and glucose. These sugars are derived from coconut, palm, and corn oil. This is a 100% renewable surfactant that would otherwise need to be produced from petroleum products This ingredient helps loosen the surface tension of the water in order to release milk build-up.
Cationic Surfactant: This ingredient is a strong biocidal additive that is regularly used in products designed to sanitize milk systems. In our formula, we use less than 1% as a way to enhance the cleaning effectiveness of the other ingredients. In truth, this ingredient is not considered renewable or sustainable. However, we believe it is an essential component in keeping your coffee and milk equipment clean. This is all part of the balancing process in our effort to raise the standards of environmental consciousness without sacrificing performance.
Water: All of the above is professionally dissolved in filtered water to ensure quick dilution of this concentrated formula when used to clean your equipment.