When a customer would call us and ask, "What machine would you recommend that will last 20 years or more, with commercial build quality, and will still look good in our kitchen?" The Junior DT1 Cimbali espresso machine was the machine we would recommend hands down. The Junior DT1 has a beautiful stainless outer shell that looks great on black marble, blends in with other stainless steel appliances, and fits under standard cabinet heights of 17 3/4". The Junior DT1 espresso machine has a rotary pump, is very quiet, has programmable volumetric dosing, must be plumbed in, runs on a 15 amp 110-volt circuit, and has the ability to direct drain into the drip tray or not.
Many new features have been added to this machine, including the ability of passive pre-infusion, dual gauges, and a new three-hole steam tip with smaller holes which makes it simple to produce great microfoam even when doing small quantities of milk.
It is very simple to activate pre-infusion: hold any button on the display for 2 seconds and it goes into a pre-infusion mode when you make that drink. Press and release any button and it makes the shot without pre-infusion.
* All of the VST insert baskets will work in the Cimbali portafilters, except the 22 gram *
- Dual gauge
- Built-in passive pre-infusion
- Three hole steam tip with smaller holes for easy production of micro-foam
- Stainless steel outer shell
- Stainless steel multidirectional steam arm
- Stainless steel multidirectional hot water tap
- Two complete 58 mm portafilters (one single and one double)
- Rotary pump
- Direct plumb and drain
- Programmable volumetric dosing
- Insulated 2.25 liter stainless steel boiler with Ruveco Teck coating
- 15 amp