Carbonate Hardness Test Kit
Water Filters & Softeners
The Mavea temporary hardness test kit is an incredibly accurate way of testing carbonate hardness of your water. It's a very easy test kit intended to prevent scale build-up in your machine by accurately monitoring water quality or hardness. We recommend a hardness of 3 grains.
How-To Use the Carbonate Test Kit
- Fill the measuring vial (the clear tube pictured above) with the water you intend on using in your espresso machine.
- Fill to the 5 ml mark on the vial
- Add the Mavea solution a drop at a time (counting each), gently mixing by swirling the vial after each drop
- Once the color changes from purple to yellow stop adding the solution
- Count the total number of drops used. Each drop is equal to 1 grains per US gallon. Example: You used 4 drops in the vial of 5 ml of water and the color changed. The grains per gallon would be 4.
Commercial equipment & coffee are NOT eligible for returns or exchanges.
Read Full Shipping Policies & Full Refund Policy Here.
Please Note: Chris' Coffee will not be responsible for any delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances outside our reasonable control such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters, strikes, etc.
For any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org