The Carola Evo now has a built-in shot timer and is equipped with an 'Eco timer'. The 'Eco timer' gives the machine the ability to turn off the heating circuit when the machine sits idle when not in use for the set time. The timer has a range of a minimum of 10 minutes to a maximum of 240 minutes (4 Hours).
Activating the Auto-Off Timer
- Turn the 3-position switch to position two.
- Press the left button (Down Arrow) on the PID, the display will now read Prg
- Press the left button (Down Arrow) on the PID again, the display will read 'ECO'.
- Press the right button (Up Arrow) on the PID, the display will read off by default.
- Continue to press the right button (up arrow). The timer will count in 10-minute increments up to 240 minutes or 4-hours.
- To decrease the time press the left arrow until the desired time is displayed on the PID display.
- After you select the desired time, after 2-3 seconds the display will change to 'Eco' again.
- Press the left arrow to exit and save settings.
After the heating circuit turns off, to wake the machine to resume heating simply lift the brew (cam) lever. The red light will turn on indicating the heating circuit is on.